Computer won't recognise monitors or usbs

[email protected] 13:57 31 Mar 2016

So when I boot my pc, the monitor recognises that it is connected, however it says for me to click my mouse or keyboard to "wake" my computer up. However neither my mouse nor keyboard are being recognised either.

What I know: The mouse and keyboard are working The usb slots supply power as I can charge my phone they just don't seem to recognise my mouse or keyboard The monitor and the dvi cable are working

I suspect the problem lies in the hard drive motherboard or gpu. The fact the monitor recognises the connection means I hope it's not the gpu.

Is this a common startup issue with a faulty hard drive? Computer has been slow and it's the only thing I really suspect of being broken.

Specs: ASUS Motherboard P8H67 Samsung HD103SJ hard drive Intel core i5 processor

Jollyjohn 12:16 09 Jul 2016

The only way to check if it is the CPU is to buy an identical one and swap it out but if the motherboard has failed it still won't work.

[email protected] 13:10 09 Jul 2016

So a failed CPU could give me both no visuals whatsoever and no power to my USB's?

[email protected] 13:33 10 Jul 2016

Sorry for spam guys but I literally just need to know the answer to my previous question and if anyone knows of any good websites with these upgrade bundles?

Jollyjohn 11:43 11 Jul 2016

A failed CPU could easily prevent the PC from starting up.

Upgrade bundles - eBuyer, ccl or eclipse computers spring to mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Last Chance: Win an Honor Band 5

Acclaimed illustrator James Jean's comic book past gets celebrated in new book

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !