Computer won't recognise monitors or usbs

[email protected] 13:57 31 Mar 2016

So when I boot my pc, the monitor recognises that it is connected, however it says for me to click my mouse or keyboard to "wake" my computer up. However neither my mouse nor keyboard are being recognised either.

What I know: The mouse and keyboard are working The usb slots supply power as I can charge my phone they just don't seem to recognise my mouse or keyboard The monitor and the dvi cable are working

I suspect the problem lies in the hard drive motherboard or gpu. The fact the monitor recognises the connection means I hope it's not the gpu.

Is this a common startup issue with a faulty hard drive? Computer has been slow and it's the only thing I really suspect of being broken.

Specs: ASUS Motherboard P8H67 Samsung HD103SJ hard drive Intel core i5 processor

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 31 Mar 2016

op system?

[email protected] 14:41 31 Mar 2016

Windowz 7 64 bit

Svol 14:44 31 Mar 2016

When the system is powered on check if you can access the Computer BIOS Settings page by pressing the keys DEL, F1 and F2 in quick succession. One of those keys should enable BIOS access.

Does the BIOS settings page Display?

[email protected] 14:50 31 Mar 2016

Nothing displays the keyboard isnt even being recognised by the computer. The only thing the computer does is turn on but it doesn't recognise devices and I get no display whatsoever on the monitor

Svol 15:47 31 Mar 2016

You say you get no display whatsoever on the monitor, but at some point presumably it displayed 'click mouse or keyboard to "wake" the computer up' as you indicated in your initial post for assistance, is that now not the case i.e you don't see that message anymore?

Jollyjohn 16:12 31 Mar 2016

Start by changing the power supply. Then if your Motherboard has onboard graphics, try that, else try a different graphics card. Once you can get a display and keyboard response, re install USB drivers from the Motherboard CD, or Asus website. If none of the above fix the issue then I suspect the motherboard is faulty.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:20 31 Mar 2016

check monitor connections at monitor and PC

disconnect all usb devices see if it will boot to a screen

if not power down open the case and disconnect HDD and see if it boots to an error screen.

[email protected] 16:23 31 Mar 2016

Ok I gave it a go, unfortunately nothing happens. I don't think I can use the keyboard as when I press buttons like caps lock no light shows. I do know the keyboard works and that it is in a usb slot that is functional to a point (I can charge my phone on all the usb slots so I know they partially work, but that's all)

Thank you :)

[email protected] 16:26 31 Mar 2016

At this point I believe that either the HDD the MOBO or the GPU are faulty, possibly all three. Unfortunately I do not have the means to test them, the board does not have its own graphics slot and I only have the one GPU to test so I've been cornered in my options.

My main concern is finding what's broken so I can replace it, only I can't individually test them so it's tricky

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:42 31 Mar 2016

have you tied to boot with HDD disconnected? do you get an error message

If GPU faulty often get beeps at boot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G