computer won't boot to window, stuck at bio screen

jj hu 07:57 25 Feb 2018

So I recently bought a new power supply, and replaced the old one. When I finished I restart the computer and got to the MSI bio screen, I set everything to default, and exited the bio, but every time I do that, the computer boot back to the bio screen, instead of boot to the window screen. When I press F8, the screen says no profile to load.

Jollyjohn 09:09 25 Feb 2018

Double check all connections, you have possibly disturbed the data lead to your hard drive. Is hard drive listed in BIOS?

jj hu 05:23 26 Feb 2018

it is connected to the hard drive according to bio; in my boot priority uefi hard disk is listed as the first one;

MJS WARLORD 08:58 26 Feb 2018

what make is your pc , before going custom built I have some Packard bell pc's , I could get different boot menus etc to come up by tapping f5 at power up but the manuals did not state this , I found out through geek chats.

Jollyjohn 15:38 26 Feb 2018

I would suggest downloading a version of Linux and burn it to a CD / DVD and boot from it. Run as a "live" system - Do Not Install. This will then enable you to view your SSD and copy data off to another drive.

Then use a Windows disc, you don't mention which Windows you are using, to run a repair of your system.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 26 Feb 2018

does the problem occur when you type your password and press Enter at the Windows log-on screen?

jj hu 18:17 26 Feb 2018

I can't get to window, the computer only boot to bios screen, and it stuck there. How should I put it, it is almost like a loop, you save and exit the bios, only to get back to bios screen.

jj hu 18:19 26 Feb 2018

I am using window 10;

jj hu 18:19 26 Feb 2018

my custom pc doesn't have a cd/dvd holder;

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:56 26 Feb 2018

But does the HDD show in the BIOS?

I think you need to check the power and data cadles to your HDD.

jj hu 19:28 26 Feb 2018

Yes, the HDD is connected, its in the boot menu, and photo of that is on top;

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

Say aloha to the summertime vibes of artist Kim Sielbeck

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures séries Amazon Prime Video (2018)