computer restarts on its own

capricorn45 23:27 28 Mar 2006

Can someone tell me why my computer keeps restarting on its own. I have a windows me e machine. It keeps happening about every half hour, and when it restarts it scans discs for errors, as improper shutdown. Thank you.

Kev.Ifty 00:35 29 Mar 2006

You may find this helpful

click here

Kev.

X-pat 02:52 11 Apr 2006

I had this problem with my PC. Power fluctuations from the local utility were the problem. Lights would dim and PC would restart. Voltage regulator solved the problem.

PIMPIN 18:04 11 Apr 2006

Hi, i had the same problem, Kept happenin for weeks- tried everything software wise, patches drivers virus` etc

PIMPIN 18:06 11 Apr 2006

Hi, i had the same problem, Kept happenin for weeks- tried everything software wise, patches drivers virus` etc.However, the problem was found to be the PSU unit, spent 20 quid on a new one and has been perfect ever since.Perhaps give this a try.

PIMPIN 18:08 11 Apr 2006

Hi, i had the same problem, Kept happenin for weeks- tried everything software wise, patches drivers virus` etc.However, the problem was found to be the PSU unit, spent 20 quid on a new one and has been perfect ever since.Perhaps give this a try. Hope this helps ,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)