Computer is randomly becoming unresponsive

Makimaki 20:54 24 Dec 2016

Hi, bit awkward to describe this. Every now and then my comp will become unresponsive, mostly. The mouse will still move, I can close some programs if they are running already. I can still type stuff as well, but programs won't actually do anything if you try to get them to, so browsers won't move to another page, can't open new programs. It won't log out of any messaging services so those have to be forcibly closed, but because nothing is really responding. The only option is a reset and the only way it will do that is if I hold down the power button for 10 seconds and force it to shut down. It used to crash with a blue screen when I first built the comp, that went away and sometimes returned for brief spurts every 4-6 months. This version of crashing is rather new and has been happening around once a month for the last 5 months, but has now happened several times in 1 week. HD sentinel claims the hdd is still at 100% health and that the comp temperature is only at 31 degrees C. There is nothing in the event logs that I can see as an error before this occurs either.

rdave13 21:38 24 Dec 2016

Ram problems maybe. Have you tried memtest? Alternatively try Windows' own, link .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Diversity is improving in branding - but there's still a way to go

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Les meilleurs smartphones Honor