the computer is partly shutting down

Noam Salomon 12:52 05 Mar 2019

Hello, my name is Noam. My computer is having a problme- when i'm playing a video game or surfing the web and playing a video - after a while, the screen suddenly turning black, and the color of the screen button is turning into orange, from green(looks like the computer is shut down). however, the computer may have gone silenced, but its power button is still on, and so I can't understand what is happening. would love if someone will help me:) Noam

wee eddie 13:50 05 Mar 2019

How old is the Computer and have you ever tried to clean the dust out of its insides?

Noam Salomon 15:50 05 Mar 2019

its about 10 yrs old, and no i haven't, will do it and reply if its still disfunctioning

wee eddie 16:30 05 Mar 2019

Don't bother buying compressed air. Here's a good way of doing the job.

You'll need a clean, natural bristle paint brush, to avoid static (a 1/2 inch or 1 inch one will do) and a hair drier.

Unplug it, take the side off, and take it outdoors. Set the hair drier on high (a little heat will do no harm) and blow the dust out. Use the paint brush to delicately shift any that doesn't want to move, and blow it away. The fins of the heat sink can present problems, as the air needs to move freely between them, or it wont work efficiently.

Check that you've not accidentally dislodged any cables, put the side back on, plug it in and away you go.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?