Computer keep shutting down .. Help please!

Jeffrey S 08:42 13 Jun 2017

Hi,

My computer have had this problem for a long time, it has been shutting down and turning right back on by itself. Never had a blue screen of death until today, I could not take a picture of it because it was about 4-5 seconds then shut itself down again. I could only see it was checking the disk or something with a percentage sign on the bottom of the blue screen page.

Sometimes when I multi-task on the pc like browsing the internet, using photoshop and playing songs, the screen lags and freeze like 0.5-1 second again and again when I browse through pages that load many things like flash, video.. the lagging and freezing happens, and the sound is affected as well, it lags and freezes with the screen.

After I got the blue screen today, I restarted the pc and a window popped up after I log on. I don't know if these pictures would be of any help, but if anyone know a solution, please help me out here, I would really appreciate your help! the problem has caused me a lot of headache, I sometimes forget to save my work and the crashes have give me lots of nightmare already

I am using a Asus PC, Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Pentium Dual-Core CPU [email protected] 6GB 64bit AMD Radeon HD6570

Thanks!

Jeffrey S 08:53 13 Jun 2017

Secret-Squirrel 09:17 13 Jun 2017

Jeffrey, your symptoms and blue screen all point to the graphics card as being the culprit.

The first thing you need to do is to make sure you have the very latest drivers for your AMD Radeon.

Overheating is also a possible cause so if the above tip doesn't help then I can recommend a software utility to monitor your PC's internal temperatures.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple