Computer for gaming and touch screen drawing

awest3 17:08 07 Feb 2018

Hi, My granddaughter wants a computer for gaming and touch screen drawing. My budget is around £1000. She does a lot of drawing and at the moment uses an 5 year old laptop with an attached stylus and Pad. she would like to do her drawings directly onto a screen. I'm looking for a solution... Surface pro? laptop with touch screen? laptop with additional touch screen monitor? etc.. I think she would like to use it any place she is so that sort of rules out the monitor solution. I suppose by definition a gaming machine has to be fairly fast so probably something like an i5 processor. Any advice would be most welcome.

wee eddie 22:03 07 Feb 2018

You make no mention of games or the internet. Just drawing.

A second user iPad, as big a screen as you can run to, would give her an entree into what Media Folk use and they usually have suitable software installed already

awest3 16:30 08 Feb 2018

Hi Thanks for this, I think they've settled on either an HP Envoy (£999) or a Dell inspiron at £749, both 15.6". The envoy has an Nvidia card but apart from that they seem pretty similar. Thanks again

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus