Computer Driving Licences

  Chris the Ancient 18:34 22 Apr 2004

A colleague has just asked me a very interesting question!

P'raps someone else will know the answer, I sure as heck don't.

What is the difference between the European Computer Driving Licence and the American Computer Driving Licence?


  GANDALF <|:-)> 18:40 22 Apr 2004

The country.

AFAIK there is not an American equivalent.


  Chris the Ancient 18:46 22 Apr 2004

This is what comes of talking to an American!

What I SHOULD have asked is the difference between an International CDL and a European CDL.

Tell you something. It's hard to type when your head's hanging in abjsect shame!

  end 18:52 22 Apr 2004

(I"m sorry , but I am now seeing a computer being driven down the road and I THINK they both drive on the right ).....does one now have to have a driving license to operate a computer.....

  VoG II 18:53 22 Apr 2004

None click here

  Chris the Ancient 18:56 22 Apr 2004

It is rather mind-boggling!

The CDL was introduced a while back because there were so many variations on a theme for qualifications in IT use with CLAIT, RSA, C&G, NVQ's etc. So, someone thought 'What the heck! - let's have a universal Qualification'. And introduced another one. And that has now started sprouting!

Beam me up, Scotty!

  Chris the Ancient 18:58 22 Apr 2004

Simultaneous replies!

VoG™ Thanks - posted that link to my colleage. She can work it out!

ps - VoG™ managed to make a 1-word answer!

  end 22:51 22 Apr 2004

a one word answer??? "energize".....and in Scotty"s accent.."where are you off to, lads "n" lasses??".....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?