Computer doesnt start. Error blue screen

poidid123 17:17 19 Apr 2017

I built my computer 4 days ago. It worked fine until the 4 day when i was playing and then i got a clockwatchdogtimeout while playing a game and now the computer doesn't start it just gets either clockwatchdogtimeout or checkmachineexception. I updated bios and tried installing windows again, but it blue screens on the install screen. I put a new layer of thermal paste if that would have been the problem. I used E1 IC Essential that is very cheap. But everytime i put the water cooling head on it spreads the paste very badly. I haven't overclocked knowingly at all. But im not sure how to even in the asus bios. I also put the voltage down for the prosessor but to no effect The prosessor is only 4 days old so it could be a defect?

Specs Prosessor: Intel i5 7600k Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z270H Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Power Supply: Super Flower Golden Green HX 750w 80 Plus Gold RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB), Ripjaws V Hard drives: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500 Gt Western Digital Desktop Black 2TB Case: Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Full-Tower 4 case fans and Hydro 75 prosessor water cooler

Archonar 18:17 19 Apr 2017

Try unplugging all of your usb devices when you install windows 10, and see if that makes a difference.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:37 19 Apr 2017
  1. Paste should e a very thin layer

2. Doubt its a bad CPU although overheat does cause these errors

3. Its more likely a bad driver for one of your USB devices make sure there are no errors against any drivers in device manager and that you have the latest drivers for all your devices.

Burn-it 00:26 20 Apr 2017

Ideally you don't want any paste,just metal to metal. HOWEVER the surfaces have tiny imperfections so don't mate smoothly. The paste is only there to fill those tiny gaps since air is a bad heat conductor.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)