Computer doesn't respond after starting up.

Underhond 10:02 26 Feb 2018
Answered

Hey there,

I came across this problem two days ago. I started up my computer (Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64 bits / 4 GB, Intel Core i5 650 3,2 GHz) and it automatically signed in to one of the users. The shared computer got 5 accounts (three of them got a password) and it automatically signed in to one of the accounts without a password. Then it just stays there, it's not frozen but the computer doesn't respond to my keyboard and mouse (and yes they are plugged in). I tried using Ctrl+alt+del without success. I can only turn off the computer by holding the power button of the computer itself.

Any help would be appreciated and feel free to ask me any questions if things are unclear.

Thanks in advance!

Underhond 10:03 26 Feb 2018

I also have windows 10

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:51 26 Feb 2018
  1. untick the above answer until your problem is fixed

2. Tap F8 as you first power on and boot into safe mode with networking se if the keyboard and mouse are working then. If the keyboard is not working to accept the F8 key then boot to BIOS and enable USB legacy for DOS - save and exit And retry.

Underhond 16:04 27 Feb 2018
Answer

I managed to get to this menu. I'm clueless what to do from here. There is no safe mode option when I start the computer.

Underhond 16:05 27 Feb 2018

Underhond 16:06 27 Feb 2018

src

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 27 Feb 2018

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple