Computer crashing randomly after OS upgrade

sandthing 22:57 07 Feb 2018

So about a month ago I upgraded my computer from windows 7 to windows 10 after having issues with the speed of programs opening such as chrome taking a minute or so to open. After I upgraded I installing my drivers using my AMD drivers disc. After that, I started re-installing all my programs and games, but I had issues with all of them. I couldn't load some of the more demanding games (GTA 5) and I could only play for about 10 minutes on some of the less demanding games. after 10 minutes my screen would freeze, audio would cut and it would just be frozen and would have to be turned off and on again by the mains. I had a long discussion on the Rockstar support forum before I realized that the problem had nothing to do with just that game alone. After that I reinstalled all drivers, checked all my fans were running, cleaning heat sink and fans and replaced thermal paste ( as my temperatures were high when I played games) but nothing. Any help would be appreciated- also I'm not sure how to attach msinfo as I can't so any obvious way.

Hardware:

CPU - AMD A8-6600K

GPU - Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti

RAM - 16GB DDR3

Software:

OS - Windows 10 Pro

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:24 07 Feb 2018

Windows tends to load its own graphics drivers try loading the latest drivers from the Nvidea site.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nintendo Labo review: Hands-on

The best smart speaker: Apple HomePod vs Google Home vs Amazon Echo

Les meilleurs SSD (2018)