Computer crashes everytime I run a game

ajedge456 13:51 23 Oct 2018

My computer will run perfectly fine without issues, but when I launch a game such as CS:GO or Rust, the game will load to the menu screen then crash as soon as I load into the actual playable game. Is this an issue with my GPU? Thanks

MJS WARLORD 14:14 23 Oct 2018

what is the spec of your pc and do you use steam client

ajedge456 14:18 23 Oct 2018

Yes, I do use Steam Client Here are my specs:

CPU: i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz

RAM: 16GB DDR3 @932MHz

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Z97-K 1150

GPU: AMD Radeon R9380

wee eddie 14:36 23 Oct 2018

How old is your PC and which version of CS:GO and Rust are you trying to load?

MJS WARLORD 16:55 23 Oct 2018

right click on the steam game name / properties and look for verify game cache

ajedge456 18:32 23 Oct 2018

My PC is about 3 years old now - no parts have been changed since I got it, and I'm running the newest versions of Rust and CS

wee eddie 20:27 23 Oct 2018

Your PC was pretty Mid-Range when it came out, lots of RAM, but the CPU & GPU were not cutting edge, when they went on sale in 2014.

I think that that may be the problem

ajedge456 21:17 23 Oct 2018

Would you suggest that I replace both the CPU and GPU or can I replace just the GPU?

MJS WARLORD 22:38 23 Oct 2018

don't be offended ajedge but I think you would be better off replacing what you have , I faced the same dilemma as you , a slow pc and the need for a better g card and that's where your problems really start. Your mobo might not support a better cpu ram or g card so upgrades can be a money pit. when ever I get a new pc I use the older one as a spare for downloading stuff and testing so that my new one don't get anything dodgey on it , if it don't work on the spare pc I don't put it on a new one.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Red Dead Online release date and gameplay news

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)