Computer BSOD when playing games

KaoticTherium 19:51 15 Feb 2018
Answered

So for the past 5 months I've been experiencing Blue screens whenever playing games on high graphics and some on medium. Games like Age of Empires III, World Of Tanks and civ 5 can't be played on higher graphics where as before I could. The computer stops the game sound , plays it for a bit, then freezes until a BSOD flashes and computer restarts. When it does it says it can't find a boot device.

My specs;

CPU: Intel I3-2100 3.10 GHZ

GPU: Gigabyte GTX960 2GB Windforce

Motherboard : MSI H61M-P31

RAM: Ballistix sport 8gb (2x4) DDR3

PSU: Corsair 650W

HDD:WD blue 1tb

Archie44 12:33 16 Feb 2018

have you tried reseting the bios settings

KaoticTherium 12:54 16 Feb 2018

Yes I did but it didn't fix it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:01 16 Feb 2018

Check the hard drive connections and run chkdsk /f on the drive

KaoticTherium 17:21 16 Feb 2018

I just tried it and I tried playing a game on high that I know my pc can run and it blue screened after the first game, turned it to low, runs perfectly with no freezes.

wee eddie 17:48 16 Feb 2018
Answer

The most common cause is dirt in the cooling system

KaoticTherium 21:44 18 Feb 2018

Thank you wee eddie, I think it has sorted my problem as i did a deep clean of my cooling system, Was able to listen to music and play World of Tanks on high graphics which I couldn't before! i'll do some further digging if it still happens but for now it seems to be fixed. Thanks everyone for replying!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?