Hello, I have a dell inspiron laptop that I bought in 2011. It was a lemon when I got it but has been working fine for about 3 years now. Last summer I replaced the battery because my old one wouldn't hold a charge long. I bought a third party battery because it was cheaper and more convenient (duracell i think). I have a tendancy to over charge the battery quite often (leaving it plugged in all night) and now my computer says (18% available plugged in, not charging." I have my laptop plugged into a surge protector that has a long cord on it because my laptop cord will not reach from my desk to the outlet. I have checked every point along this "system" and everything is getting power. My computer also turns on (im using it now) and the battery percentage stays the same. It will not charge when the laptop is off. Did i ruin my battery? I really don't want to buy a new one or do anything that would require me to use function keys or is somewhat tricky as I am not good with computers and tend to screw things up when I do this. Is there anything else I can do? My computer never had a problem with battery being loose before.