Compter not powering on, motherboard problem

Nfar 10:26 07 Apr 2018

Ive always had a problem turning my computer on so usually i never turn it off, just put it to sleep. The mains was switched off for a while for some house work. Now my comp just wont turn on. I got the green light at the back and orange light on the mother board. I know its not the power supply as i can hear it doing something when i plug it in but fans not on. Ive also bought a new on/off button but this didnt help either. Please can someone help out? Thanks

wee eddie 11:21 07 Apr 2018

A failing Power Supply, is one of the most frequent causes of computer problems, is easy to cure and fairly cheap as well.

Your description of the problem leads me to suspect that this is the problem.

When you replace a Power Supply, remember that, even after the old one has been disconnected for several hours. Its capacitors can still deliver a considerable shock

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:28 07 Apr 2018

Is PSU fan running and notCPU fan?

Unplug the HDD and see if it boots to an error message.

The fact it was aslep when you turned of the mains may have corrupted the hard drive, and its not completing boot.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus