Compact flash card error 128mb panicking!

fredyflame 12:47 19 Apr 2005

Please help
bought a card reader to plug into laptop for compact flash card

It would not read it and now it is blank
my pc asked me if I wanted to format it (I have a built in card reader) so I said yes
my camera now says card full or cf error
need this for my hols soon please help

GroupFC 12:59 19 Apr 2005

As far as I know, you should always format the card with the camera. If you put the card in the camera do you get an oppotunity to (re-)format it?

fredyflame 13:02 19 Apr 2005

Will try now

fredyflame 13:09 19 Apr 2005

Cheers thanks it worked
why did the card reader blank the card I wonder?

GroupFC 13:22 19 Apr 2005

Glad you are sorted! As to why I have no idea (don't have a card-reader and I have never had any problems with getting the pics. of the camera card to the PC - which is when I often see people recommending a reader).

Have a good holiday!

PS - when you have got all your holiday snaps be careful if you use your reader - I'd hate to see another post asking "how do I recover my pics" LOL!

Stuartli 13:55 19 Apr 2005

Digital camera pix files should always been deleted via the camera's menu and not using the PC system.

If you use the card with a card reader/writer to hold data, music files etc, delete them on the system and then reformat it in the camera before using it for photographic purposes.

Stuartli 13:57 19 Apr 2005

>> Digital camera pix files should always been deleted via the camera's menu and not using the PC system.>>

I mean, of course, if you are using the card in the card reader/writer - it should be removed and replaced in the camera to delete pix files that have been transferred to your system or are no longer wanted.

Bagsey 16:29 19 Apr 2005

If you are using XP and wish to transfer pics from your card using a card reader and clear the card at the same time. Open the card in mycomputer. Select all of the pics you wish to keep. Right click on the selection and use the Move To command at the left of the screen. This transfers photos and takes them from your card at the same time. I always do this and have never had any problems .It saves having to go into the camera to delete the pics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?