Comp restarting itself after disp driver instal

prodway 21:49 19 Jan 2004

Hi,im tearing my hair out here,im hoping somone can help me before i reinstall windows xp.I recently uninstalled my 7.10catalist driver for my ati9600pro graphics card and installed a 7.8 one in its place and ever since my computer freezes,goes black and restarts,Iv tried different drivers still no joy,also reinstalled ati control panel.The only way i can use my computer at the moment is if i dont have a display driver installed.This forum has helped me numerous times before and im hoping you can help me again,My system is athlon2000xp,ati9600pro,512ddr ram,creative soundblaster live,windows xp.Cheers,Paul.

PSF 23:51 19 Jan 2004

Have you tried to un-install the driver and control panel using the cat-uninstaller tool from click here .

The new 4.1 drivers have just come out today, try using them.
After you have downloaded the new drivers, un-install the old ones using the un-installer tool, reboot, when asked to find drivers cancel the installation and then manually install them from your downloaded drivers.

You could also try using the smartgart-uninstaller as well, as this can cause problems with some systems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?