Comments please ............

Dirty Dick 18:24 02 Jun 2010

.......... on a website I designed for a friend.

click here

I used Serif Webplus X2

Thanx

DD

Forum Editor 00:57 03 Jun 2010

Informative and attractive - just what you want when letting a property.

It makes a refreshing change not to notice all kinds of spelling and/or grammatical errors.

IClaudio 23:36 06 Jun 2010

Agree with FE, this is a great-looking site.

A couple of small details: the text on the Dining Out pages is a different size to the rest... and the thumbnails in the Local History Gallery, apart from being rather small, haphazardly-placed and with no explanatory captions, aren't linked to higher-res pics.

I've had great success with a similar site to promote a flat that I was letting long-term. Since 2003, it hasn't been empty and all my tenants have come to me after seeing the site click here - it's not cutting-edge and will need updating when my present tenant leaves (not in the near future, then...), but it's a whole lot better than a 2x2 Letting Agent's snap in the local paper!

IClaudio 23:56 06 Jun 2010

...I said that all my tenants had come to me via the site. Well, I advertise in the local press when the flat becomes empty, and uniquely among private ads, I include the web site address. This has been a great help, as I don't have to describe the flat and its surroundings to prospective tenants and they know what to expect before they even call.

But you're looking for a different market, the person who is looking for a one- or two-week holiday. They'll be typing 'Lancashire accomodation' into their search engine... and, as I have just found out, they won't come up with Yarrow Cottage.

Ansolan and fourm member have posted good advice... also, Serif have some good SEO techiques in their manuals and online (try the Forums, which are very friendly and helpful)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Elephone U2 Review

Ichijo Hikaru's riso print pop art is a celebration of the female body

New iPhone 11 (2019) release date, price & specs rumours

Les bons plans audio (2019)