Combining EXCEL & Powerpoint - Range Problems

cga 13:25 06 Sep 2004

I want to combine some tables maintained in Excel into a Powerpoint document. I use the normal 'Insert object-from File'.
The strange thing is that it is clipping the range of cells inserted in a very strange way. The range is well within a printed page, a displayed page and the ability to display in the PP presentation.

As this to be a printed document I have tried it the other way but I can only link in Sheet 1 of the PP into an object in EXCEL.

Finally tried using Word as a master linking both in but with no better results.

This MS office 2002 SP3.

Any ideas from anyone how I can resolve this?

Thanks in advance

cherria 13:43 06 Sep 2004

There used to be a problem with Powerpoint only being willing to display a certain width of Excel sheet, however I'm playing with Powerpoint and Excel right now and it seems quite happy to display everything.

One thing I did notice was that you need to make sure you're Excel sheet is closed before you link into it from powerpoint.

If you link from a file, you are right, it only links to sheet 1.

To get around this, yuo need to open the Excel sheet, copy the range and paste special -> paste link then celect Excel object.

cga 13:55 06 Sep 2004

Thanks for your help - a solution.

I dont understand why the object insert would not work. It was cutting of colums L&M but many columns were quite narrow.

Anyway I got too focused on Insert Object & the Paste Special is the solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?