Colour Laser v Inkjet

HighTower 12:02 03 Mar 2003

I've read a couple of posts already on the subject, but is anybody using a colour laser at the moment, printing around 50 sheets per week. I'm a bit concerned as most of the work I do is around 20% coverage, so would toner cartridges be consumed at an alarming rate? I'm attracted by it because I could really use the speed of them.

Thanks

€dstow 13:20 03 Mar 2003

A rate of 50 sheets a week doesn't fit very well with your requirement of the last sentence: "I could really use the speed of them."

Good colour laser printers are expensive and if I had a requirement as small as yours claims to be, I certainly wouldn't use one. Cheap colour lasers aren't usually worth the desk space the occupy.

Nearly all our colour printing is done by a number of inkjet printers. B/W printing (general office stuff) is by cheap mono lasers (which are good value).

€d

HighTower 13:22 03 Mar 2003

The speed thing is really due to my impatience more than anything, printing even a dozen full colour pages can take ages on an inkjet, but I suppose I could live with it!

Thanks for advice.

€dstow 13:27 03 Mar 2003

We just leave the printers to it and go to do something else.

If you think you're impatient in your waiting for that, I don't know what you would be like while printing a 42 inch wide poster - which we do regularly!

€d

HighTower 13:43 03 Mar 2003

I'd probably hit it! Thanks again

Pesala 14:58 03 Mar 2003

Rather than a Photo Printer, go for a general purpose inkjet. This one claims 22 pages/minute. I would take that with a pinch of salt, but I find that printing colour in draft mode is adequate for covers of my home-made booklets.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?