Collecting emails from someone elses computer?

pj123 18:31 19 Jul 2003

My NTL broadband has gone down again. I am using a friends computer (on AOL) to try to collect my emails. When I log on to NTL using my ID and password all I get is "Session Invalid. This message occurs because you have either previusly logged out or your session has automatically timed out. Please click here to log in". When I do the "click here" bit I just get the same message. I have rung the NTL helpdesk 4 times today but no help is forthcoming. The NTL engineer is booked to arrive on Wednesday 23rd July sometime between 8am and 12noon. In the meantime I am using someone else's computer to log on to the internet. Fortunately, it is on a monthly sub so no phone bills. Anyone got any ideas or have had the same problem?

Valvegrid 19:28 19 Jul 2003

Yes you can, as long as you use web mail. I sometimes use my mates computer on AOL to read my web mail on NTL.

Djohn 19:31 19 Jul 2003

Thanks, didn't realise you could do that. j.

Smiler 19:58 19 Jul 2003

If you want set up your computer to read, compose, save etc. your e-mails from another ISP while still running AOL you can install incredimail click here
and set it up to use your other isp account or any other accounts you have

pj123 13:33 20 Jul 2003

Thanks everyone. I have now set up AOL on my own computer. (which is what I am using now) I now have BB and Dialup. BB is still not working. AOL is fine and when I log in to my NTL account I can see that I have 18 emails, most of them from your responses. But... when I try to read any of them I get the same silly message as before. NTL reckons it's AOL timing out. AOL say they don't have a time out. So, no one is to blame?

Djohn 14:36 20 Jul 2003

Many thanks Smiler for your info. regards "Incredimail", but this is just a temporary problem as I go broadband next week with "Zen". j.

pj123 11:28 21 Jul 2003

Just tried again with the same result. I think I will give up and wait till I get my BB back. Should be fixed Wednesday. Thanks everyone. Ticked.

Happy1 19:57 23 Jul 2003

Saving info on this subject as my son is with NTL BB and his puter is out of action at mo. San

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro review

How Pentagram and other design agencies aim to double the number of creative female leaders

How to speed up a slow Mac

Comment résoudre des problèmes d’impressions ?