CMOS LAPTOP BATTERY REPLACEMENT

stancar 11:12 15 Feb 2005

I HAVE A SAMSUNG V25 LAPTOP, WHEN RECENTLY UPDATING THE MEMORY I HAD TO REMOVE THE KEYPAD. AS I WANTED TO LOCATE THE CMOS BATTERY I COULD NOT SEE WHERE THIS ITEM IS. CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP?

Diodorus Siculus 11:49 15 Feb 2005

Do you have a manual? Can you look on samsung site for a manual / userguide?

stancar 11:58 15 Feb 2005

The manual has already been checked, also no help available from Samsung!!

igk 12:29 15 Feb 2005

Take a look at the underside of the laptop there may be an access point there.

stancar 10:11 19 Feb 2005

To igk - thanks for your advice, this was the first place I looked at, but no joy! any thing else you can advise? Thanks, from stancar.

igk 20:49 19 Feb 2005

Stancar, well If there's nothing on the underside of your laptop it must be somewhere under the keypad area,I know you said you have looked there but it the only option perhaps you missed it or its covered by something,Iv'e done another google and have found a few other forums where the same question has been asked including one on "Computer Active" from another Stan (I think that could be you?) sadly no answers to anything iv'e checked and the Samsung site is pathetic re support,sorry could not help further but as I say it MUST be somewhere accessable.

Gongoozler 21:01 19 Feb 2005

I know this is not the same as your laptop, but it gives an idea of what is involved in repacing a laptop CMOS battery click here

igk 21:01 19 Feb 2005

Further to my last I have posted a question on 3 laptop newsgroups so hang on in there for hopefully an answer soon.

igk 12:31 20 Feb 2005

Stancar, It seems that the consensus of opinion from replies on the NG's is that it is a "Soldered in Jobbie" and not a normal doit yourself,(that's may be why you could not see it as you were looking for the usual round shaped battery,it will be a round elongated battery soldered to your motherboard.Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?