close down

BESTIE 12:15 22 Dec 2004

We have recently been given a PC which is a few years old, someting like a 300mhz cyrix processor. The problem we have is when you first boot it up, it comes on and stays on for a short while, then the computer beeps and re boots. sometimes during rebooting it beeps again and starts over again. This happens a few times until we get fed up trying and waiting. I woyld be grateful for any advice you can give me.

xania 12:20 22 Dec 2004

I would suggest that you don't depend upon the operating system installation that's probably been in place for a few months/years. I assume you have been given the software installation discs, so I would recommend that you wiped the hard disk clean and made a fresh start.

BESTIE 12:25 22 Dec 2004

there is an error comes up when booting regarding graphics but i am unsure as to how to disable graphics if this is the solution

BESTIE 12:36 22 Dec 2004

I cannot remember the exact error message as i don't have the PC with me as yet but as far as i can remember it is on board graphics. Presumably i will need a new graphics card if i disable graphics in bios. I have looked in the bios but can't locate anything to do with graphics. Where should i be able to find it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)