Clone fresh windows install

sneakerman 19:24 06 Apr 2007

I have just re-installed my windows installation and a thiking why don't I make a clone/backup of the C: drive so that if it all goes pear shaped I could just copy the clone/backup file back to the C: drive and away I go.

Any suggerstions as to what is the best way to go about this and what are the pitfalls.

I like the idea of the linux live CD/DVD's, an independant environment so no system files would be in use,

Thanks

[email protected]© 19:26 06 Apr 2007

You need some software like Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. I have used both and I feel the latter is the best.

malgall 19:31 06 Apr 2007

i agree true image is great

sneakerman 09:13 07 Apr 2007

Thanks for the advice about "True Image" but is it jusat a simple matter of running it and it guides you through the process?

kenslot 09:56 07 Apr 2007

I'm using XP on a celeron with AVG antivirus but the ntshell keeps changing. I used windows live scan but get an error,... The instruction @"0x30046447" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". The memory could not be "read" press close or cancel to debug,... both cause the window to close and the scan to be lost.. I tried Bitdefender live scan and the same fault occured causing the scan to be aborted. I dont know whats going on. I dont class myself as an expert but, I can do and understand a reasonable amount. Please help if you can. kenslot1

Fingees 10:13 07 Apr 2007

kenslot

I don't know if ou meant to, but you seem to have hijacked this thread.
I would suggest you start a new one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?