Thanks for response.
I did attempt this with another printer a few years back,so this time I hope that I am well prepared,if I get the information, on dismantling the printer. Last time, I managed to break a few plastic lugs in the process. Wasn't a very happy bunny.
Been in touch with Brother, and they have recommended purchasing another printer, which I am now looking into.
I have managed to find two YouTube videos on the subject. It would appear that head cleaning is rather simple, but the dismantling is a little more complexed, via the video shown, which is a similar model to the Brother DCP-135C printer.
In the meantime, I have purchased another printer, and will most likely dismantle the printer in question, time permitting.