Cleaning ink tank on Brother DCP-135C printer?

spuds 15:08 14 Dec 2015
Answered

I have a Brother DCP-135C printer, which I suspect requires the ink tank cleaning.

Having looked on Google,there are a number of suggestions regarding 'resetting', but known of the ideas seem to work. So I suspect that it is now time for a dismantling job, to get to the ink tank.

Can anyone offer advice on this particular Brother DCP-135C model dismantle procedure, or direct me to a website covering this issue.

As always, any help appreciated.

compumac 15:22 14 Dec 2015

Could be very messy as I found out when doing this, albeit it was an HP printer.

spuds 15:37 14 Dec 2015

compumac

Thanks for response. I did attempt this with another printer a few years back,so this time I hope that I am well prepared,if I get the information, on dismantling the printer. Last time, I managed to break a few plastic lugs in the process. Wasn't a very happy bunny.

Been in touch with Brother, and they have recommended purchasing another printer, which I am now looking into.

spuds 09:20 15 Dec 2015
Answer

I have managed to find two YouTube videos on the subject. It would appear that head cleaning is rather simple, but the dismantling is a little more complexed, via the video shown, which is a similar model to the Brother DCP-135C printer.

In the meantime, I have purchased another printer, and will most likely dismantle the printer in question, time permitting.

For anyone interested, here are the two video's I refer to: click here click here ticked and dusted.

Now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

How to use Siri Shortcuts

Les meilleurs SSD