Clean Install help needed

golfpro 12:02 21 Jun 2005

I have just bought a second hand Laptop and need to replace the German XP home OS with an English version of XP Home. I don't need any of the programs currently installed but I suppose I have to do a clean install, is there anything I should do to prepare for this or is it straight forward enough???

mattyc_92 12:06 21 Jun 2005

Just make sure you have the installation disks for the hardware and your software such as Office and Nero

woodchip 12:20 21 Jun 2005

Remember you need all the Drivers so you first need to collect these from the Drive before you Load English Version if you do a Clean install as you may create more problems than you already have click here

golfpro 16:46 21 Jun 2005

Thanks a lot, I forgot to ask about the H/W drives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:15 21 Jun 2005

Is there not the option in regional languages and settings to change to English (US)? Msoft is an american firm afterall.

Have seen a Hebrew version of Windows which I changed to English US so I could use it, then back to Hebrew again.(that was fun, being as I do not speak or read Hebrew and the thing typed backward from right to left.

Much cheaper than buying a new version of XP just to get English UK

golfpro 06:39 22 Jun 2005

The language change only changes the keyboard function, not the menue's and screen display, I already tried this on my PC when I first bought it a few years ago, by the way I live in Austria.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?