Chromecast with Lenovo Android Tablets

SG1989 18:48 11 Feb 2018
Answered

Hi, I am about to buy a relatively cheap Lenovo Android tablet (looking at a Tab 3 10.1”, Tab 4 7” or Tab 7 Essential 7”) and one of the things I would like to use it for is to display videos from the tablet to my TV screen.

From what I read (and I’m not very techy) it seems I should be able to do this using a Chromecast but I have read some reviews on the Lenovo tablets (especially the Tab 3 10.1”) which suggests this is not possible.

Does anyone have any experience of using Chromecast with the Lenovo tablets mentioned above – and more importantly did it work?!

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:01 11 Feb 2018

Regardless of tablet brand the app you use to view the video needs to support chromecast or you can use other third party apps to cast to the chromecast such as Local cast.

Menzie 20:53 11 Feb 2018
Answer

I have a Lenovo 10.1 inch tablet and it streams to my Chromecast effortlessly with several apps.

For Netflix, my sports app from the local cable company, and YouTube it does stream to the device.

VLC Media Player has just recently added Chromecast streaming and some third party media players will have it.

SG1989 12:46 12 Feb 2018

Thanks for your answer Menzie, very helpful.

As a matter of interest are you happy with your Lenovo 10.1" tablet and would you recommend it?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Test : les écouteurs Bluetooth Honor xSport AM61