Hot Topics

Chrome to latest version of Edge Problem

compumac 17:09 07 Mar 2020

I have used Google Chrome for some time now following recommendations here.

I have now tried using the latest version of Microsoft Edge and find that every tine that I exit Edge and then attempt to use Chrome everything in Chrome is all over the place and I have to re-set it to the way I want.

Chrome remains as I prefer it until I use Edge again and then Chrome goes all over the place.

Any comments out there?

[DELETED] 03:52 08 Mar 2020

Try describing the problem, as 'all over the place' means sweet FA to the rest of us.

compumac 08:37 08 Mar 2020

The tabs that were there and have been there for donkeys are no longer there. The whole desktop is different = all over the place.

All tabs have to be put back to the original setting and then every time I use Edge and go back to Chrome my setup is completely different again.

Basically why should using Microsoft Edge and then use Google Chrome Home page? different

compumac 20:38 08 Mar 2020

Anyone?

[DELETED] 03:52 09 Mar 2020

It's a non-issue, if you require an additional browser install Firefox or Opera.

compumac 08:30 09 Mar 2020

Flat Earther

It's a non issue?

It is an issue, otherwise I would have not made the posting

rickf 09:26 09 Mar 2020

Have you set Edge as default since you have been using Chrome?

compumac 09:32 09 Mar 2020

rikf

No - Chrome is still default.

I only used Edge last week as I understood that there have been a number of improvements and just wished to investigate this, but every time I have accessed Edge and then reverted back to Chrome I have to reset all of my preferred tabs. That has not been a bother as such but wonder why this happens.

x13 10:55 09 Mar 2020

I don't use Chrome but Edge chromium has the same settings. Wonder if you pin the tabs in Chrome if that would help. click here

compumac 11:52 09 Mar 2020

x13

Thanks for input.

All the preferred tabs are already pinned so that when I go into Chrome they are there and in the order that I want them. The problem is that the selected/pinned tabs all disappear when, after accessing Edge, I go back into Chrome.

As it is, I think that I prefer Chrome and might not bother with Edge at all, although I would like to understand as to why this happens.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €