Chrome browser with Windows 10

bpzoom 00:21 31 Dec 2016

I used to use the Chrome browser with WIN7. I changed to Win 10 and took the Microsoft browser which came with it. Are there advantages to using the Chrome browser with WIN 10 or are they much similar? I keep getting an invitation prompt to change to Chrome.

Bris 12:36 31 Dec 2016

There is little to choose between the 3 main browsers - IE, Chrome, & Firefox (although advocates of each would no doubt disagree) so really its a matter of personal preference.

There is no limit to the number of browsers you can install but, by definition, only one can be your default browser but that does not mean you cant use one of the others as the mood takes you.

Its always advisable to have at least 2 installed so that if one gives problems you can switch to another.

Forum Editor 12:40 31 Dec 2016

The browser that comes with Windows 10 by default is Microsoft Edge.

I have tried it, and just about every other available browser, but I keep returning to Chrome - in my opinion the best there is at the moment.

bpzoom 14:09 31 Dec 2016

Thank you for your opinions, especially that of having two available.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:21 31 Dec 2016

Couldn't get on with Edge, have used Chrome for quite a while now on win 8.1 and 10 much better than Edge or IE in m opinion.

alanrwood 16:13 31 Dec 2016

I value the built in VPN in Opera so tend to use that as default. If I get a problem then I use Chrome.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Pharrell's favourite new illustrator Daniel Egneus on making dreamlike fashion art

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?