Hot Topics

Chroma Background Changer - help to use this app

AroundAgain 19:34 29 Jun 2020

Hi guys

I feel a right dumbo asking this, maybe cos brain isn't in gear.

I've just got a Webcam for my PC. The issue is, because I sit quite a distance back from the monitor (around 2.5 - 3ft), I see a very wide area (of mess/clutter) behind me, which I don't want everyone to see, of course.

I would prefer to have a more narrow angle, to be honest, but I can't see how to change this on the webcam so thought maybe changing backgrouund might be an alternative.

I've got Chroma Background Changer but I can't work out how to use it ... Doh!!!

What can anyone advise to help me with this, please? Many thanks

wee eddie 21:12 29 Jun 2020

The National Gallery are doing some very nice Backgrounds, on the house. How do you fancy being in a Monet or sitting on Constables Haywain?

AroundAgain 21:31 29 Jun 2020

Hi wee eddie

Yes, that all sounds lovely and I would certainly like that BUT how do I do this, please? ;) J

wee eddie 21:47 29 Jun 2020

We need a teenager

AroundAgain 21:56 29 Jun 2020

wee eddie, yes, they seem to know the way to fix these things, eh? Unfortunately, can't think of one

Might have to use laptop, tomorrow, for Lip Reading class! I have been using laptop but means I have to set it up and make sure all updates are complete, so would have been great to just switch over on PC

However, using Zoom tomorrow which, I understand has feature to change background so I can try that instead.

I suppose this issue is partly because of having monitor(s) so far back. Oh well ...

;)

Hope you're OK up there?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:39 29 Jun 2020

click here,It's%20that%20easy.

Secret-Squirrel 09:14 30 Jun 2020

I've got Chroma Background Changer but I can't work out how to use it............

I've had a look at it but I don't think it's designed to do what you want to achieve.

Background changers require a green screen - or at least a plain background otherwise it won't be able to tell the difference between clutter and you - especially with you sitting so far away from the camers. If you apply a virtual background to a cluttered background then it'll look even more cluttered because the plain areas will be overlaid with bits of desert island.

Perhaps you could make your own green screen or perhaps buy one - eBay are selling them for around £25 or less depending on size.

Today you should get your laptop up 'n' running and try Zoom with a plain wall behind you - the setting in Zoom is on the left and is called "Virtual Background". Microsoft Teams and Skype have a "background blur" feature so that may be worth experimenting with too.

click here,It's%20that%20easy.

Can you recommend that Fruity or is it something you found when you went Googling? If you have used it then is the watermark on the free version obtrusive or not?

AroundAgain 11:42 30 Jun 2020

Hi FB and SS

Thanks. It sounds as if it's more complicated than I had anticipated so I'll stick with what I've been doing, for now, ie laptop in kitchen ;) It's only once a week so not worth spending time on.

I believe that, in Zoom, there is some feature where you can change your background so I could try that out later today, when on Zoom.

I really appreciate your time and efforts

Many thanks, Julie

Secret-Squirrel 13:27 30 Jun 2020

I believe that, in Zoom, there is some feature where you can change your background...........

Here's what I posted earlier:

Today you should get your laptop up 'n' running and try Zoom with a plain wall behind you - the setting in Zoom is on the left and is called "Virtual Background"

x13 16:57 30 Jun 2020

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)