Check system. Then press [F1] key

Wessie 10:42 29 Jan 2003

I have a Toshiba Satellite 4090xcdt and everytime I start laptop up I get the following message. Check system. Then press [F1]key. I then go into the BIOS but I am not to sure what I should be looking for in the BIOS. then when I exit the BIOS the laptop reboots and I get the same message again. Does anyone know how I can resolve this. Thanks!

rct 10:46 29 Jan 2003

At a guess, your BIOS settings may have become corrupt... when you enter the BIOS, look for some kind of "Reset To Default Settings" or "Load Failsafe Settings" oe "Load Optimised Settings" and the save and exit (usually F10).

Good Luck ;-)

jazzypop 10:56 29 Jan 2003

click here to download the manual for your laptop, which should explain these error messages.

If, when you access the BIOS, the date and time are set incorrectly, you probably need to replace the motherboard battery.

cherria 10:56 29 Jan 2003

Also check is the clock inthe BIOS correct, if not, your bios battery may be dead (I assume laptops have one of these as well as desktops) and hence its asking you to check the settings every time you startup.

jazzypop 10:57 29 Jan 2003

click here to download the manual for your laptop, which should explain these error messages.

If, when you access the BIOS, the date and time are set incorrectly, you probably need to replace the motherboard battery.

Wessie 11:31 29 Jan 2003

Thanks for your responses. The BIOS battery was dead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming