charging laptop using power bank

chaim48 21:23 02 Apr 2019

Hello, I found a lot on the go with my laptop (Toshiba Satellite) And find myself without battery - and without a home socket to charge.

Is there a way to charge a laptop through POWER BANK? I understand that there is a need to convert DC voltage to AC. Is there a device that does the job safely And can be a power source for the computer charger?

Thank you in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:55 02 Apr 2019
  alanrwood 09:59 03 Apr 2019

Your assumption is incorrect.

If your laptop used s a power AC to DC adaptor then your laptop battery charges from the power adaptor which can push out a DC voltage appropriate to the laptop and usually 13-20 volts DC.

It would be very very unusual for a laptop to be powered directly by AC mains, in fact I have never heard of such.

Secret-Squirrel 12:51 03 Apr 2019

.........my laptop (Toshiba Satellite).......

It's highly likely that it has a removable battery, so buy another and take it with you. It'll be massively cheaper than a power bank.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Les bons plans TV (2019)