Changing a subwoofer on a party speaker.

Jamiewalker1507 15:05 09 Mar 2019

Hey guys. So my subwoofer has recently started making that horrible crackling noise on my LG OM5560. It may seem like a silly question but would it be possible to just change the subwoofer out for a better one, or would I be better doing somthing else. Any suggestions will be welcome. Thanks.

wee eddie 15:47 09 Mar 2019

Many systems build the Amplifier, and Power Supply, into the Subwoofer. If that were the case, then the answer is no.

If the amplifier is elsewhere is elsewhere, then all you have to do is to match the Impedance

Kevin Alders 17:48 09 Mar 2019

No Chance.

Jamiewalker1507 18:31 09 Mar 2019

Okay thanks for the answers.

alanrwood 19:24 09 Mar 2019

It matters not if the amp is built into the subwoofer opr not. A faulty speaker can always be replaced if the replacement is the same physical size, power handling capacity and impedance.

wee eddie 19:56 09 Mar 2019

Allanwood is, in essence, correct.

However modern speaker cabinets are not necessarily designed for easy access and the Speaker Mounts may be specific to the speaker itself which may not be available on the open market

Kevin Alders 20:48 09 Mar 2019

Might be a call to LG to find a replacement.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?