Changing router network name and password

Clapton is God 15:56 19 Apr 2018

I want to change the network name or password on my Huawei HG521 router.

Do I have to change both the name and the password at the same time or can I just change one of them - the password for instance?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:02 19 Apr 2018

you can change one at a time.

Clapton is God 16:10 19 Apr 2018

Thanks Fruit Bat. Just to clarify - if I just change the password, for instance, will the router still work if I leave the network name unchanged?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:28 19 Apr 2018

Are you talking admin password or wireless key?

if you change the wireless key (password you log into the router with your phone for instance) you will have to change the setiings on all your devices you log into your router.

Clapton is God 07:18 20 Apr 2018

Thanks Fruit Bat. I'm talking wireless password and you've now answered my question.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Frida Kahlo's life, art and legacy explored in Google's new giant online collection and app

Best Android emulators for Mac

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?