Changing PSU?

  aca 09:24 17 Jul 2007

Helping friend who has a e-machine 370 pc. basically it is dead. pretty sure its the PSU. robbed a PSU from a PC to swap/test.

Prob is that on the e-maching there is a power lead going to the mobo with a square connector and this is not on any of the PSU's that I have.

Grateful for advice on what this connctor is. It is white and made from same plastic as the molex connectors.

Need to know so I make sure the replacement we buy has it.


  howard64 09:28 17 Jul 2007

the later motherboards use this additional power supply. If the mobo has the socket it needs a psu with that type of plug.

  aca 09:32 17 Jul 2007

thanks, do you know what its called?

  Strawballs 09:35 17 Jul 2007

I think that all new PSU's come with this plug.

  PalaeoBill 09:42 17 Jul 2007

It is probably an ATX-2 you want.
click here

  aca 09:47 17 Jul 2007

Thanks All, particularly PalaeoBill
great site that really helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review: Hands-on

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?