Changing outputs to see desktop on tv screen.....

  The Fat Toaster 18:59 08 Aug 2004

I'm trying to get my laptop to change it's outputs to a s-video or composite picture so I can shove a jack in the back and see it on TV.

Is the way to do this in the hardware, or can i change it through windows, or even some software to do it?


  Grantrh 19:01 08 Aug 2004

If you have a graphics card with a TV out port then you can connect it to a TV.

  The Fat Toaster 19:03 08 Aug 2004

i have and i can plug the jack in and everything, its just my tv needs to hav an s-video or ntsc input to recognise it.

  Charence 19:05 08 Aug 2004

If you go to Display Properties and click on Settings tab and go to Advanced, you should be able to select the output. If not, then look on google for a generic driver or driver for your graphics card.


  stalion 19:06 08 Aug 2004

if you have a scart connector on your tv you can get a scart connector with svideo connection incorporated in it and use a svideo lead from your computer to tv

  Charence 19:07 08 Aug 2004

in advanced options, you can choose output format (NTSC or PAL) and you can purchase jacks which convert S-Video to Composite

  Grantrh 19:08 08 Aug 2004

Have you changed the settings in the display properties part of control panel particularly chnaging settings to 50Hz since most TV use that frequency.

  The Fat Toaster 19:14 08 Aug 2004



This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

How Social Media has Propelled Political Graphic Design and Art in the Last Decade

The best kids apps for iPhone & iPad 2018

HomePod d’Apple : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique