changing e-mail address

rins36 19:50 06 Oct 2003

My current e-mail address is ???????[email protected] and I want to change it to ???????[email protected]

This may sound a stipid question, but i cant remember how to change it.

My default e-mail address at the moment is incredimail which i want to get rid of alltogether, but not lose the mail

Ant tips would be appreciated

soy 21:15 06 Oct 2003

As far as i can see, the ???????34 bit is your username for which you signed up with with BTinternet. I don't think its possible to change your username easily unless you sign up again with a new account with BT internet.

DieSse 21:46 06 Oct 2003

Or if you're allowed several email addresses, there should be an access point on their web site for setting up new accounts.

rins36 22:45 06 Oct 2003

soy

my username is the same as my e-mail address

DieSse

I can add a mail box, but dont want to do that.

thanks both

DieSse 23:03 06 Oct 2003

Most ISPs that I use have a page for administering email accounts - where you can change, add to, make aliases for, etc, email accounts. Does BT not have such a facility??

Gandalph 23:18 06 Oct 2003

Go to BT Home page and click on 'Change [email protected] you will be able to do it from there. I did this 20 months ago when I moved house and I had no problems.

Gandalph 23:20 06 Oct 2003

Sorry. That should have been 'Change Details' and not a @.

Morpheus© 08:44 07 Oct 2003

as soy said above, you can change most things but not your username...that you are stuck with, unless you leave BT, then start again....

DieSse 09:00 07 Oct 2003

He doesn't want to change his User Name for the internet access account - just his email address - different thing altogether.

Jester2K II 09:06 07 Oct 2003

You cannot change the Primary Mailbox name only secondary ones.

Goto click here click "Help with your account" then "Manage mail" then "Delete / rename mailbox" you get this box - click here

The Primary Mailbox name is your account identifier.

if you signed up as ???????[email protected] then that is your account. Someone else might already have ???????[email protected].

As far as i can see you are stuck with the ???????[email protected] account unless you either a) cancel your account and open a new one or b) contact BTOpenworld directly and ask them if you can change.

Morpheus© 09:30 07 Oct 2003

so it would appear that half of us read it wrong and half read it right, mine was in the first half.

:-(

well done DieSse, wondered who would be the first to spot that............

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A8 review: Hands-on

Illustrator Juan Esteban Rodriguez on creating highly detailed official film posters for Star Wars…

iMac Pro review

Comment savoir si quelqu'un a bloqué votre numéro de téléphone ?