Are we talking main battery or CMOS battery?
why do you feel the need to change the battery?
Data is kept on your hard drive that is not affected by main battery change (provide machine is shutdown before attempting battery change)
Acer » Aspire » 5830TG Battery Replacement Guide How to Remove Replace Install and Upgrade your Acer Aspire 5830TG Laptop Battery
- Turn your Acer 5830TG laptop over.
- Find the laptop battery release button lock for your Acer 5830TG laptop.
- Now that your Acer 5830TG laptop battery is unlocked, find the battery release button down.
- Holding the laptop battery release button, gently pull your battery away from the laptop.
- Now that your Acer 5830TG battery is removed, grab your replacement Acer 5830TG battery for installation.
- Insert the battery into the slot. Push the Acer 5830TG battery towards the laptop and secure it in place.