CHANGED FILE EXTNSION

elle2u 21:44 08 Sep 2008

Hi

I have mistakenly changed the tmp file extension to open with adobe. The temp file I was trying to view wont open at all!!

If I remove tmp extension from the list of registered file types would windows then perhaps add it again when I next use a temp file?

I am using windows xp
Thanks

ambra4 01:36 09 Sep 2008

“I have mistakenly changed the tmp file extension to open with adobe”

Right click on the temp file ext, click Open With, Select – “Select the program from a list” ok and a

display will pop up with a list of programs that you can choose from

Les28 14:16 09 Sep 2008

tmp files could be made by many programs and they are opened by the program that made them. If I look in my XP folder options, file types tmp has no program assigned to open it as it could be one of many programs.

Have a look here about removing association for file types. In the example 3rd reply Accepted Solution down the page it's a BAK file, in your case it's tmp file. Remove the adobe association and leave it blank.

click here

FatboySlim71 09:51 15 Sep 2008

If you mean you renamed the file in question and in the process removed the .tmp from the name, then you could just rename it again and place .tmp after the files name. If I have picked you up wrong then ambra4 suggestion should work :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

6 great UX design talks you can watch online

How to jailbreak an iPhone or iPad in iOS 11 or iOS 10

Musique de Noël : les meilleures chansons en streaming