change from XP to Windows 7

ponytail 10:05 01 Oct 2015
Answered

Can someone tell me how easy it is to upgrade from XP TO Windows 7.Saw this on Google. click here

ponytail 10:07 01 Oct 2015

Also saw this Windows 7 Professional Product Key 32/64bit [LICENSE] | Softwaregeeks.co.uk

ponytail 10:13 01 Oct 2015

Where does it say whether it is 32bit or 64bit Have right clicked on my computer clicked on properties but all I see is Windows XP home edition,Version 2002,Service Pack 3.

ponytail 10:16 01 Oct 2015

I believe it must be 32bit as have just read the following. Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you’re running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.

If you don’t see "x64 Edition" listed under System, you’re running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.

The edition of Windows XP you're running is displayed under System near the top of the window.

Jollyjohn 12:11 01 Oct 2015

If you follow the steps in the original post then it is a fairly straight forward process.

The question really is "Can your PC cope with W7?" I would run Crucial Memory Scanner and see how much RAM is installed and how much your motherboard can have as maximum.

32 bit operating systems can only use 3.5GB RAM. If you are going upgrade to W7 I would recommend a minimum of 4GB RAM therefore you need a 64 bit version of W7

ponytail 09:27 15 Oct 2015
Answer

Finally with a little bit of help from my son was able to get Windows 7 installed.Thanks for the advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)