Hot Topics

Change uppercase to lower case

  Hetti 20:21 03 Apr 2014

Is there a way to easily change text when I find I have left cap lock on, and text needs to be lower case or vice versa, at present I clear it all and retype it all.


  Hetti 20:56 03 Apr 2014

Woolwell Thanks for that, I also wanted to know if it can be done when typing text in an email message or when filling in online forms, for instance I had filled in a tax form in uppercase as I had cap lock, so I cleared it and typed did it all again, Thanks again.

  lotvic 20:56 03 Apr 2014

you can use click here ( to do it online, you have to watch out for the sentence case thought as it will convert the capital I to i in a sentence, and other letters when you actually want a letter to stay as a capital.

  Ian in Northampton 21:03 03 Apr 2014

Hetti: the real answer to all your problems is to download and install Boldfinger (see here) and set it to load at start-up. It disables the caps lock key under 'normal' use: if you really want caps lock, you just use Alt+caps lock. I've used it for years, and it's brilliant.

  Ian in Northampton 08:49 04 Apr 2014

rdave13: :-) Seriously, though - Boldfinger has worked great for me. It's one of those little freebies you come across that just transform your computing experience.

  Hetti 16:50 04 Apr 2014

Thanks all Will try all the suggestions to see what suits me best.......cant wait to try them as this has been a problem for me for ages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to make yourself look better on a webcam

Doraemon postage stamps? Yes please!

Users report serious problems with macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Les clés Windows pas chères fonctionnent-elles ?