Change size of Partitions on Hard Drive

  Border View 16:08 30 Jun 2007

I have an Acer Aspire 164ZWLMi Laptop. Its specification is an Intel Pentium M processor 735A (1.7GHz, 400MHz FSB, 2MB L2 cache. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900; 60GB HDD, 512 MB DDR2(support dual-channel).

I run XP Home with SP2

My hard drive came partitioned between C and D as follows:

ACER(c:) Local Disk, File System FAT32; Free Space 8.44GB Total Size 25.7 GB

ACERDATA (D:) Local Disk, File System FAT32 Free Space 25.9 GB Total Size 26.2 GB

The only information I can find on the D drive is something about a Verbose logging last November 2006. I bought the laptop in August 2006.

After all that my question is can I change the size of the amount of space dedicated to D and transfer some of it to C drive.

I would appreciate your comments and help please.

  Batch 16:12 30 Jun 2007

You certainly can - but you need suitable software to do it. Something like Partition Magic or search Internet for freebies

  Batch 16:14 30 Jun 2007

Alternatively you could move some of your data to D:. See click here for more info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?