Hot Topics

Change the size of my "C" drive

Spr 12:20 03 Jan 2020

This is my "C" "D" Drive On ”C” drive [300MB healthy] [Window” 117.45G] [504MB NTFTS] [WinRE tools 900MB NTFS] On “D” drive [data 40.64 GB] [870.95GB unallocated] [ BIOS RVY 19.92 GB NTFS healthy] My “C” drive has only 800mb free space the “D” drive has 870GB unallocated can I transfer this 870GB from the “D” drive to my “C” drive if so how do I do it?

alanrwood 12:43 03 Jan 2020

Not clear if the C and D drives are individual disk drives. If so then you can't do it.

If it is all one single physical drive then it can be done by changing the sizes of each partition using partitioning software. There are several which are free programs. Macrorit Partition Expert, Paragon hard disk manager

alanrwood 12:43 03 Jan 2020

Not clear if the C and D drives are individual disk drives. If so then you can't do it.

If it is all one single physical drive then it can be done by changing the sizes of each partition using partitioning software. There are several which are free programs. Macrorit Partition Expert, Paragon hard disk manager

Spr 13:12 03 Jan 2020

I not sure if they are individual they are shown Windows [C] Data [D]

wee eddie 14:51 03 Jan 2020

To help, please tell us what Make and Model Number, your PC is

x13 15:10 03 Jan 2020

If you open disk management it will show if the data drive is physical or a partition. Partition E on my setup is another Windows partition for dual boot on the same drive. Shows in File Explorer as two drives.

Spr 16:28 03 Jan 2020

PC MSIGV72 Model MS-1799 Running Window 10

wee eddie 18:03 03 Jan 2020

From what I can find a single 1TB Hard Drive, which will have several Partitions on it, some visible, others (1 anyway) Hidden

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Smartphone is Dead

Can you see the bottle in this Coke ad?

New iPhone 12 release date, price & specs rumours

Les meilleurs drones pas chers (2020)