Change Scanned Form contents

  R.C.M. 20:12 05 Oct 2006

Is there a program which allows you to scan a paper/form, or whatever and let you change the contents.

Many thanks.

  VoG II 20:20 05 Oct 2006

You need OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software. This is bundled with many scanners - mine came with Omnipage - this allows you to scan and produce a Word document that you can edit. Check what came with your scanner.

  R.C.M. 20:41 05 Oct 2006

I had a Optical Character Recognition C.D. but did not know what it was for - it came as part of the bundle I got when I bought my comuter.

As soon as I read your post I remember having the C.D. it will be somewhere in my filing system, which means I will have to hunt the house for it.

Many thanks for your help. Take care

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?