Change file from .CHK back to MP3

ian-inhome 10:31 14 Apr 2010

I have over 2900 mp3 files on a 16Gb sd card. I deleted about 20 of the songs and then ran disk defrag. This moved all the files into 1 large file I then ran disk error checking.
This separated them all back out into a folder named Found but give them all the file extension .chk. If I manually change the file extension back to MP3. they then play ok.
What is the easiest way to change 2900 files from .chk back to mp3.

Technotiger 10:50 14 Apr 2010

This might help ... click here

ian-inhome 12:24 14 Apr 2010

Thanks for the quick reply Technotiger.
I have downloaded the program you linked to.
Unfortunately it requires net framework 1.1.
I have a problem with net framework i have version 4. I have a corrupt version of 1.1 installed that I can't remove or update.

Technotiger 12:29 14 Apr 2010

Perhaps you could download 1.1 from one of these sites, relevant to your OS?

click here

ian-inhome 11:48 15 Apr 2010

Thank you for your help Technotiger. I managed to get the program on the link you sent to work on my laptop, but it couldn’t cure the file extension problem.
I also tried a few other programs I found via Google for changing file extensions but they couldn’t do the job either. I have just reformatted the card and restored the mp3s from my p.c.. As regards the Microsoft Net framework, Crap cleaner says I have installed Microsoft Net Framework 1.1 /Microsoft Net framework 2.0 service pack 2/
Microsoft Net framework 3. Service pack 2/ Microsoft Net framework 4 / Microsoft Net framework client profile / Microsoft Net framework 4 extended. I have tried uninstalling them one by one but it keeps asking for the setup disk. If I download the set up programs and try to reinstall them it says that the version that I have is newer than the version I am trying to install and it will not let me use the downloads to uninstall.
Microsoft update keeps downloading updates for Framenetwork but then states the update has failed. As I rarely use framenetwork It is not too much of a problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?