Certain keys of my laptop not working at all

Jim Ekles 06:27 23 May 2017

Hello, 3 keys of my laptop are not working at all (P, @ and the up arrow). I have tried with Ubuntu and they don't work either. I noticed after reinstalling Windows 10, but I am not sure if it is related. I have now returned to factory settings with the MSI recovery, but the problem persists.

I have tried to take out the key and clean it, but it looks clean to me, and I haven't removed the metal bars nor rubber thingy for fear of damaging it. The computer is recent, bought in November past year.

I rather not send it to warranty, as I bought it in UK and I lvie in Malta, and the shipping would be quite astronomic, and I would be without laptop for weeks.

Can I do something? I cannot take out the battery to reboot as it is a modern MSI and it looks integrated into the body.

Any reply would be inmensely appreciated, as I am becoming mad with this problem, after hours and hours of trying to sort it out.

onthelimit1 10:52 23 May 2017

Try plugging in a USB keyboard. If that works, you could change the KB on the laptop (pretty easy and cheap on most). If it doesn't, then there is a more serious problem with the lappy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs