Certain Games Crashing WiFi Driver?

Michael Abdo 10:57 23 Aug 2018

Hi there, I've been having trouble with my WiFi adapter lately. I'm using the ASUS USB-AC55 and it's done a very good job until just recently. For all purposes other than connecting to specific game servers, it's totally fine. However, if I try to launch Fortnite or For Honor neither game works, and my wifi driver crashes.

Fortnite will load the launcher, but as soon as it tries to connect to the server to join a lobby or do anything in-game it crashes my WiFi. The game itself does not crash.

For Honor will load the game, and get to the "PRESS ANY KEY" screen. Once I do, it does the 'contacting server' thing indefinitely. Eventually uPlay tells me the game failed to connect, and when I look at the taskbar, sure enough, driver died. I have tried updating the driver. I tried setting up port forwarding for both games, but I incorrectly assigned the localport which stopped my machine from connecting to the internet at all so I have to roll those back. Any ideas?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)