CDs playing on DVD players

SylvesterMagic 09:34 28 Dec 2004

Is it possible to use a CD re-writer to create a disc that can then be viewed on a DVD player?

I want to copy photos on to a CD that I can then pass around to friends who could view the pictures on their DVD players. I know some DVD players view JPEGS, but not all my friends have such DVD players. I don't have a DVD re-writer.

Neil

AragornUK 09:42 28 Dec 2004

It can be done. There a few programs that will create a VCD slideshow of your photos. Some are freeware, some aren't. The better ones usually need paying for. I'll dig out a couple of links.

SylvesterMagic 09:44 28 Dec 2004

That would be brilliant... thankyou

AragornUK 10:03 28 Dec 2004

In no particular order of usefulness or price:

xatshow (click here). The freeware version is limited but you can install a 30 day trial version of the Standard version that lets you create VCDs for DVD playback. I think there's a "created by xatshow" banner on the main index page unless registered.

Nero (click here). Lets you create a VCD (I think it allows jpegs only). But it doens't let you put a music track behind the images.

Adobe Photo Album 2.0 (click here). Decent slideshow creator in the full retail version. PC Wrold were selling it for around £20 before Christmas.

My Slide Show (click here). A $25 dollar product. There is a free download but I don't know how limited it is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts