Windows XP - Solution 1
* Right-click on the drive icon for your CD drive, CD recorder, or DVD drive, and select Properties.
* Choose the AutoPlay tab, and choose the desired action for each type of CD. For example, choose Music CD, then click Select an action to perform, then select
Windows XP - Solution 2
* Obtain and install TweakUI (part of the PowerToys for Windows XP package), and then start TweakUI.
* Expand the My Computer branch, then the AutoPlay branch, and then select Drives.
* Turn off the checkbox next to each drive letter for which you want AutoPlay enabled.